This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Loan to new Limited Company from own Limited Company

dodger
Loan to new Limited Company from own Limited Company

Postby dodger » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:49 am

Would you be able to help please?
My husband and I are equal shareholders in our current limited company, we would like to set up a new limited company to purchase BTL property, as we have a large cash excess in our current limited company can we loan money to the new limited company which we will be joint shareholders as well?

1. Is there a limit on the amount we can loan?
2. Is there a time limit on paying back the loan?
3. Do we have to charge interest at the HMRC rate, currently 3% I understand to the new company?

Just don't want to go against any tax or company laws

Thank you

pawncob

Re: Loan to new Limited Company from own Limited Company

Postby pawncob » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Yes, intercompany loans are allowed, with no restrictions. They can be interest free, with no stated repayment date.
But there are different viewpoints: http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threa ... an.305139/
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Company Taxation”