This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

My Stamp Duty Fee

Tombron
My Stamp Duty Fee

Postby Tombron » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:25 am

I have a slight anomaly I hope I can get advice on.

I recently purchased a house near Oxford for £480k

We exchanged on Nov 20th and completed on Dec 18th

New budget effective from Nov 22th - where does this leave me in terms of taxation?

I have paid higher rather pre budget but is there a case for my purchase to fall under post budget rules (would save me £6k I think)

Thanks

someone

Re: My Stamp Duty Fee

Postby someone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:24 pm

I have no idea what change you are referring to but, from memory of previous changes, where exchange and completion crossed a date like this, the taxpayer got to choose the most favourable one.

That's no guarantee that it's the case this time though.

SDLT Geek

Re: My Stamp Duty Fee

Postby SDLT Geek » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Are you thinking of first time buyers' relief from stamp duty land tax? If applicable that would save £5,000.

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”