This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Pay rise and %40 tax bracket

feridunferman
Pay rise and %40 tax bracket

Postby feridunferman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello

I recently got a pay rise on Friday.And on Monday Hr mailed me to say I`ll be falling in %40 tax bracket which means I can`t use 243£ childcare vouchers. From now on I`m only entitled to use 124£ which makes payrise not very effective.

I`m paying pension contributions , Do you think is it possible to fall back to previous tax bracket by increasing the amount of contributions I make or any suggestions?

Thanks
F

someone

Re: Pay rise and %40 tax bracket

Postby someone » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes, this should work.

Note that the pension contributions must be made in the relevant tax year.

You can also use gift aid carry back to adjust your income in a previous year (up until you submit your tax return) which can be used to tweak things once you have all the figures for the year.

Return to “General”