This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

PAYE/NIC demand for no income

PictureIt
PAYE/NIC demand for no income

Postby PictureIt » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:55 pm

I registered a LTD company last October in order to be paid for my IT contractor work. I quit the contract soon after: I was never paid through the company, and after a total of four weeks I informed companies house to close it HRC pestered me for money the following January, and left me alone after I told them the above. Today I have received a Outstanding PAYE/NIC liability for £600, comprising 3 months of specified charges of £100 per month.

As the company was never used and no money passed through it, and I paid tax for the period through the agency that employed me, do I have to pay HMRC anything, and, how do I get them to leave me alone??

SteLacca

Re: PAYE/NIC demand for no income

Postby SteLacca » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:03 am

Has the company now been dissolved? If so, tell HMRC that and they'll go away. If not, tell them there were no salary payments and so no requirement to operate PAYE, and they should go away.

PictureIt

Re: PAYE/NIC demand for no income

Postby PictureIt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”