This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

mortgage and isa

ex14031
mortgage and isa

Postby ex14031 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello, I was wondering whether its possible to save money in a help-to-buy ISA using like 3 different people like siblings and get them to open up accounts and use their ISA limits (if they don't want an account for themselves). That way i would get the 25% bonus on more money every year. My concern is how that would work out in the mortgage, since its my money and I'm using accounts in their name, would the mortgage i get be registered in their name even if they agree to relinquish their claim? Can i still have the mortgage and own 100% of the property using ISA accounts from two other people?

Thanks in advance for any help.

bd6759

Re: mortgage and isa

Postby bd6759 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:39 am

The answer is obviously no. Do you not recognise the fraud you are proposing?

Return to “General”