This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

ESC A19 - protocol & etiquite

timerichcashpoor
ESC A19 - protocol & etiquite

Postby timerichcashpoor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:02 pm

Hello

I found out about ESC A19 through this forum. Looking back at my P2's, P800's and other correspondence from HMRC to me over the last 7 years I can see that an underpayment from 2010-2011 tax year has run through to this current year, compounded by other amounts uncollected and miscalculations. It is self employment that has in effect brought these to my attention, otherwise I would let them roll over on PAYE.

I am writing a timeline of the long list of errors, pointing out at each stage the areas/items that ESC A19 applies (seems endless!).

Is this likely to hack them off or is it necessary to highlight the point and/or is there a better way?

Thanks

bd6759

Re: ESC A19 - protocol & etiquite

Postby bd6759 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:40 am

Whether it hacks them off is not important.

If you are asking HMRC to apply a discretion, the better you can present your case, following the guidance that they will use in determining whether to use their discretion, the more likely you are to succeed.

Return to “HMRC Administration, Practices & Methods”