This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UFPLS in practice

philly
UFPLS in practice

Postby philly » Sat May 13, 2017 11:40 am

I hold some units of ETF funds in my SIPP that pay dividend so that the portfolio contains some cash as well which I would like to pay out as Uncrystallised Funds Pension Lump Sum (UFPLS) about 4 times a year.

Taxation-wise, does it matter if I sell the units or just pay out the cash part of the portfolio?

Is 25% of each payment tax-free and the remaining 75% added to my taxable income for the tax year? For instance, if I pay out £20,000, is £5,000 tax free and then £15,000 taxed but after deducting personal allowance of £11,500 only £8,500 is actually taxed at 20% meaning a tax bill of £1,700?

Can I request as many UFPLS as I like?

Return to “Savings & Investments, Pensions & Retirement”