This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Feeling overwhelmed, help!

Nocean
Feeling overwhelmed, help!

Postby Nocean » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi guys.

Sorry to bother you with this, but I'm finding online research into this matter to be more confusing than helpful.

Following a prolonged period of mental illness, I fell into serious tax arrears with HMRC. I'm now recovered and tackling the problem, but I need some advice on what expenses I can claim. As a self employed person, I have saved a number of receipts, the lions share of which are for lunch and commuting to and from my place if work. I've just discovered these are not taxable! What other expenses can I claim for?

Many thanks in advance.

Kindest regards.

Andy.

maths

Re: Feeling overwhelmed, help!

Postby maths » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 am

Return to “General”