This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Financial gift to a LTD company - does it affect tax?

Sholden
Financial gift to a LTD company - does it affect tax?

Postby Sholden » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Hello,

Would a financial gift to a limited company affect taxation when it comes to the end of the tax year?

I.e. If I were to gift £20k to the limited company as a director and then pay myself £16k in dividends, would I essentially not have to pay any tax on such earnings?

Thanks

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Financial gift to a LTD company - does it affect tax?

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm

its a loan to the company and there is no tax implication

Yes dividends is taxable and should be declared as such

I would suggest you take some professional advice on your limited company tax affairs.

Kind Regards

GTA

TDR

Re: Financial gift to a LTD company - does it affect tax?

Postby TDR » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:22 pm

GTA is absolutely right. There is more than one way to structure this, some with a personal tax liability, and some without, depending on whether it's a gift of £20k or simply a loan.

You should be talking to a professional who can assist you.
[url]http://www.tdrtax.co.uk[/url]

25 Years UK personal tax experience

Return to “Company Taxation”