This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Do foreign partners in a UK LLP need to file a UK tax return

matt301
Do foreign partners in a UK LLP need to file a UK tax return

Postby matt301 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:24 pm

I set a UK LLP to house a few listed equity investments for myself and a friend. Subsequently we admitted a non resident partner into the mix (natural person living abroad in a double tax treaty country and has never been to the UK). It seems very difficult to find out what this new partner's obligations in the UK will be. I know that there will be no UK tax liability since the income will pass through to their foreign tax return but from an administrative point of view we are unsure what the obligations are?

Can I just file the partnership tax return and leave this partner's tax number blank, and they just include the income in their foreign tax return?
Does anyone know where I can get help with this if there is an administrative obligation?

Regards
Matt

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Do foreign partners in a UK LLP need to file a UK tax return

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Non Residents will need to declare the UK profit on the partnership tax return and their own tax return.

Kind Regards

GTA

Financial Bookkeepers

Postby Financial Bookkeepers » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:24 pm

There are chances of money laundering on your company way not you appoint them as a country manager and pay lump sum amount as a consultancy fee and it will be also good for your taxation, its allowable expense.

AnthonyR

Postby AnthonyR » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:39 pm

As per the above answers - assuming the LLP has UK source income this will need to go onto a UK tax return for the non-resident partner.

Make sure you get them registered sooner rather than later as you won't be able to file the LLP tax return without a UTR for all the members.
Anthony Rogers LLB CTA TEP
Fusion Partners LLP
anthony@fusionpartners.co.uk

Return to “Business Tax”