This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

single person discount

paulireson
single person discount

Postby paulireson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Myself and girlfriend / partner have two houses in different councils each in our own separate names -we are not married - we stay in my house 1/3 time hers 2/3 time approx depending on circumstances - sometimes we are on our own in each house Can we both claim 25% single person discount on our council taxes All our bank accounts , tax bills , vehicles etc are registered at separate addresses Gov advice on this seems unclear ?
anyone any ideas on this - we cannot both be living in two houses at same time ??

RMC

Re: single person discount

Postby RMC » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:51 am

Check the respektive councils policies on single person / empty property / second home discounts and sort out your movements accordingly.
PS I assume that neither you nor your girlfriend are in prison, in armed forces or incapacitated in hospital.

Return to “Property Taxation”