This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Uber Eats Tax

Suddy72
Uber Eats Tax

Postby Suddy72 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi All.

I have recently started working for Uber Eats part time. This is just to make extra cash at night on top of my annual salary.

I have no idea what I should be keeping aside for tax. I have heard various different versions of accounts. I know I am required to file a self assessment in April 2018.

I believe I will be charged 25% upto £42,000 (including my normal salary) is this correct?

Also I have no idea how expenses work. Do I only tax my profit from the working?

For example if I make £500 but buy a bike (need a bike for the job) for £500 does that mean I am required to pay no tax?

Any advice for a newbee is very much obliged!

Thanks
Stuart

RMC

Re: Uber Eats Tax

Postby RMC » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:08 am

From 2017/18 there is a new £1,000 allowance for property and trading income, so if you receive less than that from your new trade, the only good reason to prepare accounts and file tax return would be if you make trading losses and want to claim loss relief.

BTW Basic rate of tax normally goes up to £45k.

Return to “Business Tax”