This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Taxation on compensation & Payment in kind related to a covenant restriction

getme
Taxation on compensation & Payment in kind related to a covenant restriction

Postby getme » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm negotiating with a neighbour who wishes for me to release a restricted covenant on her land.

In exchange for a full release, as she is a Painter Decorator by trade, she is willing to paint my house outside and in, plus give me £5000 cash and pay the costs.

Are there any tax implications on activities like these? Bearing in mind the Covenant Beneficiary is the Title of my Principle Private Residence, the compensation makes up for a loss in value to said residence, so it [hopefully] carries that Tax Relief will carry. I'm just being paid now rather than later for a part of the Residence.....

Return to “Property Taxation”