This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

***Subject to Tax provisions when u apply for Certificate of Residence in the UK

super1
***Subject to Tax provisions when u apply for Certificate of Residence in the UK

Postby super1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:16 pm

hello

I am trying to fill in the form on https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortfor ... _CertOfRes

to get Certificate of Residence in the UK, so I can pay interests tax on foreign income in the other euro country, however I have no idea what to write in the box when they ask, can someone advice me:

,,,Do the Subject To Tax provisions apply to this foreign income?

Please refer to the Double Taxation Agreement for the relevant country.

Subject to Tax provisions - Please enter Yes or No
:.........

bd6759

Re: ***Subject to Tax provisions when u apply for Certificate of Residence in the UK

Postby bd6759 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:54 am

Certificate of Residence in the UK, so I can pay interests tax on foreign income in the other euro country,
The purpose of a UK COR is usually to PREVENT tax in the other country.
,,,Do the Subject To Tax provisions apply to this foreign income?

Please refer to the Double Taxation Agreement for the relevant country.

Does the treaty say that to be exempt from tax in one country the income must be subject to tax in the other?

Return to “International Tax”