This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK Tax on US Website?

ghotion
UK Tax on US Website?

Postby ghotion » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:00 pm

I'm sorry, I don't know where to post this query.

I have a small website in the US that provides free information to people interested in books. I am advertiser-supported and make a modest income in the US. I want to develop a UK version of my website and sell ads to UK advertisers (it may also include Ireland) I don't have a physical presence in the UK (although I could rent a mailing address if necessary). I would accept online credit card payments for ads (via Paypal or some other method) in GBP or EU.

Can someone please tell me what is the proper way to set this up? Would I need to pay income tax/business tax/VAT on income I generated in the UK? Are there any documents I could look at? (I would expect to sell no more than a few thousand per year from the UK ads).

Thank you,
Tom

Return to “General”