This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Property redevelopment.

dumas73
Property redevelopment.

Postby dumas73 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi

I hope you can shed some light on this.

I have owned my own business since 2006 and the premises( bungalow) are held by me personally and used solely for business purposes..

I have not charged any rent to the company.

Recently there has been a conversion of approximately 30 per cent of the building to ancillary domestic use i.e. for use by staff only ( cannot be leased mortgaged sold separately etc).

In the fullness of time I intend to close the business, retire and then develop the site into two bungalows for letting purposes.

I paid 210,000 for the property in 2006 and, if done today, the bungalows would be worth approximately £500,000 each.

I understand that there may be some implications for entrepreneurial relief if I charge partial rent on the premises as they stand at the moment, but i was wondering what the brand tax implications of a disposal of the new development would be further down the line.

Regards

Dumas

Return to “Property Taxation”