This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Offshore company of an UK resident

c0mpound
Offshore company of an UK resident

Postby c0mpound » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:53 am

Hi everybody,
I'm a UK resident and I'm very keen to set up an offshore company (I haven't decided the country yet). Privacy is not my main concern, what I want to do is create the company and grow it as much as I can therefore I'm not going to take a penny from it at least of the initial 5 years. During these 5 years, do I have to declare any tax in the Uk?
The company is a small online business which will trade worldwide (including UK if possible).
Thanks for your help.

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Offshore company of an UK resident

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi

Yes you would have to account for the tax in the UK since you are controlling the overseas company from the UK

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “International Tax”