This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Replacement of main residence for SDLT?

rajpal_bal
Re: Replacement of main residence for SDLT?

Postby rajpal_bal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 pm

THank you for your comments all.

I am a beneficial owner so therefore if i dispose of my beneficial ownership surely thats a disposal for SDLT purposes.

I contribute to the upkeep of the hiuse since i am a trustee?

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:46 pm

You are not,

No it is not.

Despite being on the deeds, the property is owned by your parents. If it were to be sold tomorrow, they would keep the proceeds.

rajpal_bal

Postby rajpal_bal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:49 am

A deed of trust would clarify that? Which would state my share = beneficial

SDLT Geek

Postby SDLT Geek » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 am

But you are not a beneficial owner! That was established in a previous thread. To do a declaration of trust now saying that you have been a beneficial owner would be wrong.

rajpal_bal

Postby rajpal_bal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:31 am

I Agree. I am just trying to understand the logic of the charge and how it may habe differed if my circumstances were different. It’s quite evident that I woudl have to pay the charge.

Return to “Stamp Duty, Stamp Duty Land Tax, SDLT”