This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Working with UK clients, living in Canada...

Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 am

Working with UK clients, living in Canada...

Postby Rubyblue » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:19 am

I'm moving to Canada soon but retaining all my UK clients (I'm a web developer).
I'm a sole trader and I wondered if there was any issue with allowing my clients to continue paying into my uk personal account (we have a uk address too) and then transferring it to my Canadian account as needed.
Obviously I will be paying Canadian taxes on amounts made after the moving date.

Return to “Business Tax”