This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UAE 5% VAT Rate

PropertyDev
UAE 5% VAT Rate

Postby PropertyDev » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Just processing my companies latest credit card bills & noted that our CEO & Marketing Director's Hotel Bills for a business trip to the UAE, now have a 5% VAT rate applied (which I understand was implemented on 1st Jan 2018).

My question is can this input tax be recovered by a UK only company on its normal VAT return, or do you have to go through some process to recover the VAT - if you can at all?

Any advice is gratefully received.

RMC

Re: UAE 5% VAT Rate

Postby RMC » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:58 pm

No, you cannot recover foreign VAT (with the exception of some EU VAT recoverable from authorities in the relevant EU state).

Return to “International Tax”