This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CIS deductions

Yiannis17
CIS deductions

Postby Yiannis17 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Afternoon

I need some assistance please. I have a subcontractor who has CIS of 20% deducted from his monthly income.

Now he is in the process of taking on two staff sow ill need to register as a contractor.

My question is, how doe she offset the CIS he has suffered to the CIS he will take off the two employees he is about to take on.

Thank you

SteLacca

Re: CIS deductions

Postby SteLacca » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 am

It's all done via RTI and CIS submissions to HMRC. Provided that they are done correctly, it should be automatic.

experience4u

Re: CIS deductions

Postby experience4u » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi

It is all done by your Payroll software.

You claim the tax he has paid and then offset it against the PAYE liability and CIS liability of the staff.

Out of interest which one do you use?

Any questions, please do feel free to ask.

Regards

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”