This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

BIK pub manager - please help!

MYERRELL1984
BIK pub manager - please help!

Postby MYERRELL1984 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:56 pm

Hello all, good evening

I've just been offered the position of general manager at a chain pub, which includes live in accommodation rent free.

I'm aware that there are BIK tax implications, but can anyone advise what they might be? I've been searching forums all night, but can't find an answer.

The pub is a 17th century coach house with a 3 bed apartment above. The rent is nil. Council tax is to be paid by me.

Any advice helpul

Thanks
Marc

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: BIK pub manager - please help!

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:22 am

Hi

There shouldn't be any BIK implications as it is specifically exempt. See here under living accommodation exempt from tax

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/living-accommodation-hs202-self-assessment-helpsheet/hs202-living-accommodation-2015

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “Property Taxation”