This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

P2P lending income and EIS/SEIS

unispheryk
P2P lending income and EIS/SEIS

Postby unispheryk » Fri May 18, 2018 11:14 am

Hi,

I have a few questions that I hope somebody here will be able to help me with. The taxation from the day job has always been done via PAYE, so all of this is somewhat confusing and I need clarification.

The first question is related to P2P lending income. It is likely that my income for this year for P2P lending outside an IFISA will be higher than the £500 PSA I have. How do I get this taxed? Will it be enough to summarise it in a table and attach statements from the different companies and send to the HMRC, or are there any forms that I need to fill? Even if it's below the £500 PSA, do I need to let HMRC know?

Second question regards the EIS and SEIS. I have some money invested in companies qualifying me for EIS and SEIS income tax relief. How do I make this claim with the HMRC? Also, and I may be completely wrong about my understanding of these schemes so I need some confirmation or correction, if these investments flop, there is a process of declaring the stock negligible value and claim the loss (value not previously claimed in tax relief) also on income tax (not only CGT). Am I right or did I understand it completely wrong? And again, how to make these claims?

Many thanks for any help.

Return to “Income Tax”