This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

hmrc non resident residential property calculator

Frank1
hmrc non resident residential property calculator

Postby Frank1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Have moved question below to this thread as might be more appropriate for help

Hello, I am a non resident selling a UK residential property which I owned since before 1970 which I lived in for 10 years before going to a new main residence and letting the said property out. I then left the UK in march 2016. Using the hmrc non resident residential property calculator and straight line apportionate selection I get a cgt figure of £10k, after the yearly allowance and the last 18 month PPR allowance. Question have is can I use the letting relief as well on straight line apportionate menthod. If so would the letting relief maximum be the amount of PPR Im recieving which is 12K

Peter D

Re: hmrc non resident residential property calculator

Postby Peter D » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:46 am

This may help you.
https://www.taxation.co.uk/Articles/2015/04/07/332875/keep-it-uk
Regards Peter

Return to “Property Taxation”