This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Capital Expense on FHL

WINDSURFER
Capital Expense on FHL

Postby WINDSURFER » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:32 pm

I bought a property in Portugal last year & had to replace the kitchen as it was old & unsuitable for rental. The water heater was an old butane gas boiler which I have replaced with an electric version. I also had to install aircon. as part of the agreement to rent the property out on the complex.
I believe that I can claim the water heater & aircon as a capital expense allowance but can I also claim for the kitchen I have replaced & the appliances (Cooker, exteactor & fridge). Thanks for any advice.

bd6759

Re: Capital Expense on FHL

Postby bd6759 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Aircon, water heater and extractor will be integral features. Cooker will be plant.

WINDSURFER

Postby WINDSURFER » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:57 am

Thanks for the reply. Can I also claim for replacement of the kitchen (base & wall units, tiling etc.) I have also replaced a faulty washing machine, would that be plant ? Thanks

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:26 am

Kitchen - probably not.

Washer - is plant

Return to “Income Tax”