This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

***electronic signature/HMRC letters look like a copy even oryginal

super1
***electronic signature/HMRC letters look like a copy even oryginal

Postby super1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Can someone explain me the rules about electronic signature? all UK banks, institutions, HMRC issue letters/documents with electronic signature (that look like a copy), no hand written traditional signature, no stamp. SO those documents look like a copy. I came across many problems especially abroad when you take UK documents and HMRC tax residency certificates and other letters to notary foreign banks, where THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTED and treated like copies as they dont have real stamp or signature.

for an instance I took HMRC tax residency cert to a few bank and they rejected it because they treat is as a copy due to electronic copy look like signature, UK HMRC says its original, Foreign banks say it's a copy

can you someone please explain me issues about electronic signature, what to do in that situation and if any one had similar problems?

thanks

Return to “General”