This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

tax form - capital allowances / balancig charges

ronaskew
tax form - capital allowances / balancig charges

Postby ronaskew » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:48 am

I have been using two pools for capital items for a number of years- a main pool for business-only items and a second pool for an item which is used part-personally.
This year I have disposed of the second item and there is a balancing charge due. My main pool items are still eligible for WDA.
My question is :
When completing the tax return (SA103s) do I enter both these sums on the form separately (the WDA in box 25 and the balancing charge in box 26) or do I work out the "net" value and enter just a single value in either box 25 or box 26 as appropriate ?
Thanks in advance for any reply

Return to “Income Tax”