This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

tax refund query??

NEWOSA65
tax refund query??

Postby NEWOSA65 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:45 am

Hi Everyone,
Just wondered if someone could advise me...
I received a tax refund this morning (must have been HMRC as i recently submitted my tax return) and it was immediately removed. It didn't show on my normal internet banking, just my mobile banking app.
I am a bit confused for two reasons.... (1) why would it be removed as quickly as it was placed and (2) if it was HMRC i am hoping it was them that took the money back!
Can this sort of thing happen?
Thanks for all replies received, always appreciated.

wamstax

Re: tax refund query??

Postby wamstax » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:56 am

This needs urgent attention

I would be very careful and inevitably you have to wonder why it would appear in your mobile banking but not be duplicated in your online internet banking.

I trust that if it seemed to come in you did not require to give any personal financial information or pin numbers etc. If for some reason you have given out pin codes etc in any way I would contact your bank straight away to discuss.
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

NEWOSA65

Postby NEWOSA65 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks, I thought it was odd... but even stranger, i have now received another refund but that has been been taken too?? I am getting concerned..

SteLacca

Postby SteLacca » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Speak to your bank without delay. Once you can assume is error, twice suggests someone using your bank account to launder fraudulent repayments.

wamstax

Postby wamstax » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:26 pm

You also need to contact HMRC as they may get to the root of the problem if it is an internal fraud
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

Return to “Business Tax”