This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CGT on FHL

hardy
CGT on FHL

Postby hardy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:24 pm

My clients owned 2 houses which were used as furnished holiday lets. The partnership profits were split 90% 10% as the wife did all of the cleaning, handover and dealing with any problems, although the houses are jointly owned.
They have now sold one of the properties. This was initially their house for 3 years so an element of PPR is available. However, as it was a holiday let they cannot claim lettings relief.
Are they able to claim entrepreneurs relief? I ask this because the partnership has not ceased, as they still have the other FHL.
If they can claim it, is it claimed against the full gain or is it restricted in any way because of the 90/10 split of partnership profits.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

pawncob

Re: CGT on FHL

Postby pawncob » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:40 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/furnished-holiday-lettings-hs253-self-assessment-helpsheet/hs253-furnished-holiday-lettings-2018
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”