This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Capital Gains from Sale of shares in IT Company

Sam Watson
Capital Gains from Sale of shares in IT Company

Postby Sam Watson » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Dear Friends,

I am selling shares in my IT company & plan to use 100% of sale proceeds to purchase property under Limited BTL (Buy To Let) Company.

My questions would be:
1. What is the Tax on the Capital Gains when all the proceeds are reinvested in a company (In the business of BTL)
2. What will be the best way to make it most tax efficient.
3. I am still in talks with the buyers, is there any way to structure & make it most tax efficient.

Hope to hear.

Thanks.

AdamS93

Re: Capital Gains from Sale of shares in IT Company

Postby AdamS93 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:39 pm

You need so see an accountant/tax adviser. All your questions are very open ended and it would take a few hours to consider all the implications....

you are not going to get anyone to do that for free unfortunately.

I will tell you that investing the sales proceeds into a BTL company will not impact the capital gains tax due on the sale.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”