This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Permanent Residency

Liveraa
Permanent Residency

Postby Liveraa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Good Afternoon ,

I'm actually facing a dilemma with my corporate taxation, i created a company in the UK in 2016 with companiesmadesimple which is an agent located in the UK specialized in the incorporation of UK Company. Actually, i managed to maintain my company with my personal funds and today i earned some overseas profits mainly in Malaysia, i want to understand if i have to pay UK corporate tax or if i can try to ask for exemption for foreign profits. Indeed, i am non-resident in the UK and i live with my girlfriend in France , my company is a ltd in the UK and most of my time i live in France but my friend is allowing me to gain money and he lives in Malaysia , he's the one who manage and sign all the contracts , can you guide me through the process to declare tax ?

Thanks guys

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Permanent Residency

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi

You probably to pay tax on profits where you are controlling the company as well as from the country where you have essentially created a permanent establishment i.e Malaysia. Depends on the Double Tax Treaty

You could end up paying double tax but getting tax relief where the place of effective management is i.e France

I think you should be fine from the UK perspective. I suggest if you business is growing that you take professional advice is minimise tax

Kind Regards

GTA

Liveraa

Postby Liveraa » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks for the advice , I'm planning to ask some advice from accountants or tax advisor. I just wanted to know if I could pay my UK CT and obtain tax relief from others juridictions ? is that possible ?

GlobalTaxAdviser

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Under DTA your company isn't resident in the UK nor you have created a permanent establishment in the UK. UK company is dormant. Maybe worth closing down the UK Company ?

Malaysia and France would have primary taxing rights.

Kind Regards

GTA

Liveraa

Postby Liveraa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Thanks for the answer,

I'm currently calling some tax advisers or accountants to obtain some answers regarding my situation, but they are clear : i need to pay tax in the UK because i did revenues in Malaysia using my UK company so all profits have to be taxed in the UK since i signed all the contracts using my UK company details. Maybe i was wrong at the beginning and wasn't enough clear regarding my situation but thanks a lot for the answer guys

GlobalTaxAdviser

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Yes if you used your UK Company and the contracts were signed with the UK company then yes you should file in the UK

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “Company Taxation”