This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax deduction

Surender
Tax deduction

Postby Surender » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi

I came first time to London on Feb 4th 2016 on ICT short term one year visa and left UK on July 29th 2016.
I had a cooling period of 15 months and came back to UK on 28th Sep 2017 in ICT long term Visa.

is that i have to pay tax or not?
does i fall under tax slab?
My company says that from the day one when i first came to UK from there your are in 23 months tax slab and no tax will be deducted.
I am paying tax from April 2018 on wards and from my first date on coming to UK 04 Feb 2016 till April 2018 is 23 Months.

Please confirm that i have pay tax now as i under gone 15 months cooling period and came back to UK 2017 OCT with ICT Long term Visa.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Surender

AmanSood

Re: Tax deduction

Postby AmanSood » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:19 am

Hi

I came first time to London on Feb 4th 2016 on ICT short term one year visa and left UK on July 29th 2016.
I had a cooling period of 15 months and came back to UK on 28th Sep 2017 in ICT long term Visa.

is that i have to pay tax or not?
does i fall under tax slab?
My company says that from the day one when i first came to UK from there your are in 23 months tax slab and no tax will be deducted.
I am paying tax from April 2018 on wards and from my first date on coming to UK 04 Feb 2016 till April 2018 is 23 Months.

Please confirm that i have pay tax now as i under gone 15 months cooling period and came back to UK 2017 OCT with ICT Long term Visa.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Surender
Hi Surender

Yes you would have to pay tax from day one on your return to the UK as you are starting fulltime work in the UK i.e. from Oct 2017. The cooling off period is irrelevant for tax purposes but may be relevant from a social security perspective.

Hope this helps.

Aman
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “Income Tax”