This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Help filling in SITR claim form

PortyPirate
Help filling in SITR claim form

Postby PortyPirate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:38 pm

I have received my Social Investment Tax Relief(SITR) certificate and the claim form.
Most of the form is self-explanatory, however there are a couple of boxes that are too vague, and I'm not sure what they expect.

I can't attach images or links so I'll just write out the part of the form that I'm wondering about.
The claims(s) below relate to an investment in {text box here} for {text box here} on {date box here}
Enter number of shares/debentures (debt investment) {text box here}
Enter type of shares/debentures (debt investment) {text box here}

The first text box looks like the company name, but what is the second text box?
The number of shares/debentures is clear enough, but what does it mean by type?

Information that I have on the certificate includes:
  • Nature of investment (this is either shares or debentures)
  • Description of shares/debentures
  • Nominal value of each share/debenture
  • Number of shares/debentures
  • Amount Invested
  • Date of issue
  • Enterprise name
Many thanks in advance.

AmanSood

Re: Help filling in SITR claim form

Postby AmanSood » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:24 am

I have received my Social Investment Tax Relief(SITR) certificate and the claim form.
Most of the form is self-explanatory, however there are a couple of boxes that are too vague, and I'm not sure what they expect.

I can't attach images or links so I'll just write out the part of the form that I'm wondering about.
The claims(s) below relate to an investment in {text box here} for {text box here} on {date box here}
Enter number of shares/debentures (debt investment) {text box here}
Enter type of shares/debentures (debt investment) {text box here}

The first text box looks like the company name, but what is the second text box?
The number of shares/debentures is clear enough, but what does it mean by type?

Information that I have on the certificate includes:
  • Nature of investment (this is either shares or debentures)
  • Description of shares/debentures
  • Nominal value of each share/debenture
  • Number of shares/debentures
  • Amount Invested
  • Date of issue
  • Enterprise name
Many thanks in advance.
Hi PortyPirate

2nd Text Box is the type of asset being acquired e.g. shares and the type of asset should be obtained from the "Description of shares/debentures" .e.g Ordinary shares etc.

Aman
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “Income Tax”