This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

RTI submission for future months

humble_pie
RTI submission for future months

Postby humble_pie » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:25 am

Hi Guys,

I run my payroll myself, I am a single director limited company, so I pretty much know what i am going to get paid in next 3 months. So just wondering If I could submit RTI submissions for 3 months at a time rather then submitting one month at a time ?

accutalk

Re: RTI submission for future months

Postby accutalk » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 pm

The thumb rule is that if you normally pay less than £1,500 per month, you may be allowed to pay quarterly instead of monthly

SteLacca

Postby SteLacca » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:53 pm

But to answer your specific question, the rule is on or before pay day. There doesn't appear to be any qualification to this, and so I don't see why you couldn't.

humble_pie

Postby humble_pie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Great. So on 25th of this month, instead of submitting RTI for September, I will do it for September, Oct and November.

So that means £186 odd I pay for taxes and NI, do I have to pay 3 times, or wait for pay day of each month and then submit it ?

robbob

Postby robbob » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:57 am

So that means £186 odd I pay for taxes and NI, do I have to pay 3 times, or wait for pay day of each month and then submit it ?
The submission date is not relevant - normally payment due dates will apply - presuming you can pay 3 monthly then payment should be made by approx 18th Oct for September and 18th Jan for (Oct-Dec) - note 3 monthly payment cycles are fixed periods chosen by hmrc (Apr/May/June being q1)

It can really confuse hmrc if you pay early or late or don't use the exact reference specified based on the method and date of payment.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”