This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

First Steps in Tax UK for a couple of foreigners

sebasb21
First Steps in Tax UK for a couple of foreigners

Postby sebasb21 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:52 am

Hi,

My partner and I recently relocated to the UK. We both have jobs and have a 2 year old son.

We are both paying income tax taken out directly from our salary's.

I've been trying to navigate HO tax site trying to understand if there are benefits or tax cuts that we are entitled to, but not using. But at least for me is pretty confusing. Can anyone recommend any reading other than the HO site, with simple steps. Is not my intention to understand everything of the tax code here, but maybe there just a few things that are simple to do that we can to save some money.

I completed a long form in the HO site and it ended telling me i "could" get tax free childcare, also "could" get child care vouchers, but there is also universal tax credit and it seems we should look into that.

Any quick tips? maybe a topic in this forum i haven't found?

Sebastian

Return to “Income Tax”