This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Software needed for partnership self-assessment?

Corazones
Software needed for partnership self-assessment?

Postby Corazones » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Hello,
Upon reading the HMRC website for online self-assessment, I am told that independent software is needed to make a partnership return. All I want to do is enter a final, closing return on a partnership which is now making a small loss. I have never claimed for capital expenditure so there'd is no residual value to declare.
It seems a waste of money to buy software for this one instance. Can anyone please advise me? This will my first attempt at an online return. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

robbob

Re: Software needed for partnership self-assessment?

Postby robbob » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:47 pm

You could do a paper return - there should be free software somewhere out there though

Corazones

Postby Corazones » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of doing that part on paper. I suppose you can, as it is a separate entity. How do I request the paperwork?

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:50 pm

https://www.gov.uk/self-assessment-forms-and-helpsheets

robbob

Postby robbob » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:33 am

I tried to be clever and find a free online version as i presumed one of the software companies MUST do it as a freebie to tempt new customers in - however i failed to find any free versions that would let you submit the return.

Note paper return filing deadline is 31/10/2018

Return to “Income Tax”