This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

US dividend

Remittub
US dividend

Postby Remittub » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:55 am

I have just filled in my 2017/2018 Self Assessment. I filled in the foreign income section as I have shares in Dr Pepper Snapple (following the takeover of Cadbury) and included the amount recd and the (NRA witholding) tax paid.
Against this entry, it has the amount marked as "Amount not qualifying for UK tax credits". Why is this - I thought that we had a double taxation agreement with the US.

Remittub

Re: US dividend

Postby Remittub » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:08 pm

I'm surprised that nobody seems to be able to advise me on this !

Remittub

Re: US dividend

Postby Remittub » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Sorry to keep "bumping" this up the forum, but I REALLY could do with some help on this !! Am I doing something wrong ?
A happy Christmas to all !! :)

Return to “Income Tax”