This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Query about NOI/EX75 when distance selling

JK90
Query about NOI/EX75 when distance selling

Postby JK90 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm an employee of a microbrewery that has just commenced online B2C trading of our ales i.e. distance selling.

We're selling directly to customers in Sweden via our online shop. We are registered as a distance seller in Sweden. We are VAT registered in Sweden. We have a tax representative in Sweden who completes our beer duty returns and handles payments of duty owed in Sweden on our behalf.

However, as you know, to distance sell alcohol the goods must be duty-paid on our end first. As such, we wish to drawback excise duty paid in the UK (otherwise we're paying it twice).

My question is this:

When completing the notice of intention (NOI aka EX75), whose information do I include in the buyer section (e.g. VAT number, company name, etc.)? Obviously this isn't the private individual, but do I use the details of my tax representative or do I put our company details with our Swedish VAT number (like we would in a self-supply instance)? We don't have an address in Sweden so the latter doesn't seem likely, but I guess the word "buyer" is dissuading me from putting our tax representative.

Any enlightenment?

Thank you!

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”