This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Recharges to US company

Nonimous
Recharges to US company

Postby Nonimous » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Client is a UK company with a US holding company

Law firm has done some work which should have been billed to the US holding company, but have instead billed it to the UK

I don't see a problem with the UK company just recharging it to the US company with no VAT

However, what I *am* concerned about is that the input VAT may not be recoverable by the UK company, despite its being invoiced to them, if the work was not done *for* them and they did not ask it to be done

Lawyer is currently being awkward about cancelling and reinvoicing and I am tempted to tell client just to let them be awkward but insist invoice is redone

Any other thoughts please?

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”