This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Reclaiming VAT for international (non-EU) sales

JZ
Reclaiming VAT for international (non-EU) sales

Postby JZ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 am

This is probably pretty basic question, but I just wanted to ensure my understanding is correct.

If I am selling goods internationally to a buyer outside the EU, I don't need to charge VAT on those sales.

However, in purchasing the goods that I sell to the international buyer, I am charged VAT on those purchases.

Does the government re-pay me the VAT I have paid on acquiring the goods for sale?

If this is my main business model, are there any limits to the repayment of VAT that will be made to me, or any problems that may arise in accounting or record keeping?

thanks

JZ

Re: Reclaiming VAT for international (non-EU) sales

Postby JZ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:32 am

I see my question answered elsewhere:

vat-on-exports-to-non-eu-countries-t51951.html

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”