This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Reinvesting profit as a non incorporated company

camccarthy@statestre

Postby camccarthy@statestre » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:33 am

I am a top rate tax payer and am getting into buy-to-lets and plan on building a portfolio of properties over the next few years. I plan on keeping these properties over the long term. I have researched this area and came to the conlusion that a limited company was the best option due to 0% tax on profits under 10k and the ability to invest company profits in new properties without paying tax. However, lenders are offering much less competitive rates if I buy through a limited co.
Q. Is there a way to reinvest rental profits from buy to let properties in a tax efficient manner (i.e. not paying 40%)if I am not doing this through a limited company? If I can show that all rental profits were put towards a deposit for a new property can I avoid income tax on them?

Return to “Property Taxation”