This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Search found 686 matches

Go to advanced search

by etf
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:58 am
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: NRCGT return
Replies: 278
Views: 210714

Re: NRCGT return

A response to HMRC's drive to dilute the Taxpayers Charter. If the top guy at HMRC tells you after an alleged review of a failed appeal case that he is happy with HMRC's behaviour and you then submit two further appeals on the same grounds that are successful (i.e. 100% U-turn from HMRC) you have to...
by etf
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:52 pm
Forum: International Tax
Topic: Emigrating - Continuing to Work for UK Company
Replies: 4
Views: 502

Re: Emigrating - Continuing to Work for UK Company

See article below which covers this area: International remote working – a new tax risk? 13 August 2020 As lockdowns were announced globally due to the coronavirus outbreak, many employers allowed employees to work remotely from their international home or holiday home. As the pandemic has progresse...
by etf
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:33 am
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: NRCGT return
Replies: 278
Views: 210714

Re: NRCGT return

Sorry you have had to return to this thread rbk123, but thanks for highlighting this issue for others. Earlier in this thread the Thompson/Harra combo used the phrase "world class" to describe their digital-first tax authority. Jon Thompson, Permanent Secretary at HMRC, said: I am delighted that Jim...
by etf
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:57 pm
Forum: International Tax
Topic: Leaving the UK: paper-based self assessment timing
Replies: 1
Views: 516

Re: Leaving the UK: paper-based self assessment timing

Hi, HMRC's own tax software does not support the residence supplementary pages and so in any tax year where you are seeking to claim split tax year treatment or claim non-UK resident status, i.e. probably 2020/21 for you, you will be unable to file your tax return on-line (unless you buy some commer...
by etf
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:42 am
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: NRCGT return
Replies: 278
Views: 210714

Re: NRCGT return

100% success beats a mere 96%! Without being pedantic, up to 97% and I suspect the remaining 3% spelt their name wrong thus negating a successful appeal. Pawncob, perhaps you are right, in this crazy world that we live in, you require a swing from 0% to 100% for the tax scribes to become half inter...
by etf
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:12 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: NRCGT return
Replies: 278
Views: 210714

Re: NRCGT return

Conduit? Is that what I am..?

Usually a very effective one too. Someone willing to communicate with the working class oiks on Taxationweb :)
by etf
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:24 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: NRCGT return
Replies: 278
Views: 210714

Re: NRCGT return

"The only thing less well-publicised than the new residential property CGT disclosure regime is..." The un-even handed treatment of NRCGT taxpayers by HMRC. There appears to be a conspiracy of silence from tax journalists surrounding the shocking statistics below which suggest some taxpayers have b...
by etf
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:20 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: CGT 30 day form
Replies: 30
Views: 4180

Re: CGT 30 day form

"The only thing less well-publicised than the new residential property CGT disclosure regime is..." The un-even handed treatment of NRCGT taxpayers by HMRC. There appears to be a conspiracy of silence from tax journalists surrounding the shocking statistics below which suggest some taxpayers have b...
by etf
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:49 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: CGT 30 day form
Replies: 30
Views: 4180

Re: CGT 30 day form

Apology-computer slipped.

Still no promised call back from HMRC. Perhaps all HMRC staff are now handling A level appeals?
by etf
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:44 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: CGT 30 day form
Replies: 30
Views: 4180

Re: CGT 30 day form

cStill no call back received. Perhaps all HMR

Go to advanced search

cron