This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Search found 3 matches

Go to advanced search

by davidc@james-barry.c
Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:26 am
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: Selling from abroad...
Replies: 3
Views: 856

<t>Just a word of caution in connection with the mention of potentially utilising excess foreign tax credits - if you do not pay an income tax of at least 10% of the gain to a foreign country (and there could well be no tax to pay in the UK, as indicated above) then I don't believe it would be possi...
by davidc@james-barry.c
Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:02 pm
Forum: Income Tax
Topic: Moving to UK from the US
Replies: 2
Views: 1084

<r>Depending on how long you are moving to the UK for, and also the level of your earnings, it may well be worth considering moving to the UK as soon as possible in the current UK tax year, as there is potential to take advantage of the UK personal allowance (similar to personal exemption in US) and...
by davidc@james-barry.c
Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:53 am
Forum: PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs
Topic: National Insurance and emigration
Replies: 2
Views: 3839

<r>Fishol<br/> <br/> My basic understanding concerning the UK NI issues raised above is that, firstly, your 20 years of paying NI contribtions here will entitle you to a proportion of the State pension (around 46% if a table I saw recently is to be believed) at the relevant age in the future. In my ...

Go to advanced search