This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Search found 4 matches

Go to advanced search

by brotherbear
Thu May 09, 2019 3:07 pm
Forum: PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs
Topic: P11D Query - Season Ticket paid for by Employer
Replies: 1
Views: 5637

P11D Query - Season Ticket paid for by Employer

I am currently preparing P11D's for a client and amongst the usual private medical premiums, they have informed me during the year they decided to meet the cost of an employees season ticket. I am a little stuck as to where to report this on the P11D. Looking at the guidance notes, I am a little con...
by brotherbear
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:02 am
Forum: Income Tax
Topic: Form DT and Tax Return
Replies: 1
Views: 446

Form DT and Tax Return

If a form DT has been completed and submitted, claiming full relief from UK tax on pension income, should that source of income be left of the TR completely?

If it is left off the TR, does any reference need to be made on residence pages?

Bit puzzled....
by brotherbear
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: Overseas Gains and UK Losses
Replies: 1
Views: 483

Overseas Gains and UK Losses

Hi All,

If a capital gain has been made on an overseas property in the same tax year as losses on the disposal of UK shares, is it possible to set my UK losses against the foreign capital gain?

Hope you can help :?
by brotherbear
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:41 pm
Forum: Income Tax
Topic: Carers Allowance
Replies: 1
Views: 246

Carers Allowance

Carers allowance is a taxable benefit. However, if carers allowance is received for caring for a disable child, is this still a taxable benefit? The guidance states that child dependency additions are not taxable? Do I need a breakdown of the carers allowance to determine what element is not taxable?

Go to advanced search