This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Search found 5 matches

Go to advanced search

by CGA
Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:41 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: CGT on cashless exercise of RSU
Replies: 0
Views: 770

CGT on cashless exercise of RSU

Hello, My UK client works for a US quoted company and is given shares (RSU) as part of his salary. The tax on exercise (45% higher rate + 2% NIC ee + 13.8% NIC er) is funded by instantly selling 60.8% of his stock (cashless exercise). As this is a disposal of shares does this need to be reported on ...
by CGA
Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am
Forum: Company Taxation
Topic: Dividend waiver & section 620 ITTOIA
Replies: 6
Views: 1986

Re: Dividend waiver & section 620 ITTOIA

Could you clarify whether the shares split has always been 500/1 and what are the rights to dividend/capital on the A and B shares?
by CGA
Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:16 pm
Forum: International Tax
Topic: Split Test Overseas Rule
Replies: 2
Views: 1006

Re: Split Test Overseas Rule

Before determining whether you can claim split year treatment you need to satisfy the UK resident test.

From the information given it looks like you may not be UK resident for 2014/15. However I would strongly recommend you take advice from a professional.
by CGA
Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:09 pm
Forum: Professionals in Practice & Industry
Topic: Career advice for ex HMRC employee
Replies: 8
Views: 21180

Re: Career advice for ex HMRC employee

AAT would give a sound grounding in accountancy and bookkeeping and depending on exemptions and your own study pace it could be completed in 12-18 months. However with your experience you may be able to find tax manager's jobs that do not require extra qualifications. If you wish to set up your acco...
by CGA
Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:20 pm
Forum: Income Tax
Topic: rent a room - where does it go on t.r.?
Replies: 3
Views: 1230

Re: rent a room - where does it go on t.r.?

The rent-a room relief is automatic if under the threshold so you do not need to report anything under rental income (if this is your only rental income).

Go to advanced search