This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Search found 1 match

Go to advanced search

by Number26
Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: Capital loss from foreign investment.
Replies: 6
Views: 2327

Re: Capital loss from foreign investment.

Hi, I'm new to this forum so apologise if I'm looking for an answer that has already been posted. I have an investment through a UK broker in some USA shares, bought around 2002. The US company has failed so the shares are worthless - can I offset the loss against tax due from property rental income...

Go to advanced search