This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Search found 1 match

Go to advanced search

by devjim
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:04 pm
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: Gift of a house.
Replies: 1
Views: 602

Gift of a house.

At present I rent a small house and recently a friend has died and left me her semi detached house in her will, will I have any capital gains tax to pay.

I intend to live in the house and it is worth approx £250k


Go to advanced search