This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Search found 1019 matches

Go to advanced search

by deanshepherd
Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:35 am
Forum: Income Tax
Topic: Car allowances self-employed
Replies: 10
Views: 11305

All your questions have already been answered on this thread.

There are no forms required to notify anyone.
by deanshepherd
Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:25 am
Forum: Income Tax
Topic: Dividends and personal tax
Replies: 6
Views: 1847

<t>If dividend was paid prior to 1st April then profits prior to 1st April would be taxed at 19% under the NCD rules. <br/> <br/> Delaying the dividend means those profits are taxed at 0% instead (well, less than 19% anyway).<br/> <br/> Profits made after 1st April will be taxed in any case, as you ...
by deanshepherd
Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:05 pm
Forum: VAT & Excise Duties
Topic: Import VAT claim..
Replies: 1
Views: 1269

<t>I spotted this following question posted on AccountingWeb and wondered if anyone here had any thoughts on the matter..<br/> <br/> "VAT on importing...<br/> <br/> I have just received this email from a client: -<br/> <br/> 'I phoned HMRC on Friday to try and confirm the paperwork need to prove my ...
by deanshepherd
Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:09 am
Forum: Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes
Topic: gifting shares
Replies: 2
Views: 1121

<r>There are far too many factors affecting IHT planning to go into any detail in this forum. <br/> <br/> I would suggest you contact a tax adviser listed in the 'Find a professional' link to the right. <br/> <br/> Most firms listed will offer a free intial consultation, but given the sums involved,...
by deanshepherd
Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:05 am
Forum: Business Tax
Topic: Driving Instructor's Car
Replies: 2
Views: 3126

<r>Assuming the car has dual controls then it does not follow the normal capital allowances treatment for private cars. This means that your son may have claimed less CA's than he was entitled to in 2003/04.<br/> <br/> However, in answer to your question, the car will be treated as sold at open mark...
by deanshepherd
Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:59 am
Forum: General
Topic: Motorhome used in training buisness
Replies: 1
Views: 872

<r>If you provide training for a number of different companies, and actually operate your business from home, then I would suggest that your travel to and from your clients is business travel. A further review of the facts would determine this but this appears to be the case from what you have said ...
by deanshepherd
Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:52 am
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: Second Property Tapered Tax releif and CTG
Replies: 1
Views: 1087

<r>An accountant or tax adviser will be able to deal with the CGT payable on the property. Certain solicitors may do this for you but most will just deal with the conveyancing. <br/> <br/> Depending on your husbands circumstances it may not be beneficial to transfer ownership to him - particularly i...
by deanshepherd
Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:45 am
Forum: Income Tax
Topic: Gambling Tax
Replies: 2
Views: 1333

Gambling income is not taxable.

Enjoy your winnings!!

MMI Accountancy
by deanshepherd
Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:44 am
Forum: Income Tax
Topic: taxation on second income
Replies: 3
Views: 1331

<r>You should really seek professional advice to make sure the income derived from your company is taxed in the most efficient manner. <br/> <br/> It is possible, and in fact probable, that you will not pay any NI contributions on your limited company's income but the structure needs to be right for...
by deanshepherd
Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:41 am
Forum: VAT & Excise Duties
Topic: when to charge
Replies: 5
Views: 1445

<r>That's a lot of questions..<br/> <br/> I'll start off with a few answers..<br/> <br/> For services supplied, it depends on the nature of the service, where the supply is made and where the recipient is based. It is likely that your Jersey client and your USA client will be exempt supplies. i.e. n...

Go to advanced search