This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Search found 922 matches

Go to advanced search

by jpcentral
Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:20 am
Forum: General
Topic: CIS4 (t) doubt
Replies: 1
Views: 1464

<t>If you didn't earn anything there is no tax to pay. However, if you registered as a subcontractor, I imagine that the Inland Revenue would have issued you with Self Assessment tax returns for two (or possibly three years). If these were not completed, they will have imposed penalties and interest...
by jpcentral
Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:33 am
Forum: Capital Gains Tax, CGT
Topic: Selling a 2nd property
Replies: 1
Views: 1190

<t>Strictly, all you need to do is notify the Inland Revenue that your second property is your main residence and you then qualify for relief from any gain made in the last 36 months of ownership.<br/> <br/> If you immediately sell the property the Revenue could ask for evidence of actual occupancy ...

Go to advanced search