This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

self assessment

ambrad
self assessment

Postby ambrad » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi All
I am completing my self assessment for the tax year 2017/18. I became the director of a new company I formed in 2017. The company hasn't carried out any work yet. Will I have to state on my self assessment that I am a director and will it potentially delay my rebate.

Any advice would be great.

regards

pawncob

Re: self assessment

Postby pawncob » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Whether directors have to complete a voluntary return is a point much discussed here.
As you haven't been paid anything, I wouldn't make this the sole reason for completion, but if you're completing a return anyway, include the directorship.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:57 pm

If you have been asked to complete a tax return, you should include the directorship. It shouldn't delay anything.

SteLacca

Postby SteLacca » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:42 am

And if you haven't been asked to complete one, and have no untaxed income which gives rise to a liability, then don't worry about it.

Return to “Business Tax”